A big shout out to chocolate cookies lover! This post is for you :)
In fact, to those who loves to bake from scrap and see the cookies takes its form before your own eyes, this is for you...
So, What You Need:
- 250 g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 egg's yellow yolk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups cornflour
- 3 tbsp of chocolate powder (I used Tesco's)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 3 cups of chocolate chips (I used Silver Spoon's dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup of chopped, baked almond
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the butter and the sugar until soft. Then, add the egg yolks before resuming whisking for 11 seconds.
- Sifts the flour, baking powder and the cornflour into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients in step 2 with that of step 1 with a spatula.
- Knead the dough gently until it form a big ball of soft cookie dough.
- Next, add the chopped almond and the chocolate chips.
- Knead the dough again until well-mixed.
- Shape into a small, rounded dough and place it onto a baking tray. Repeat this for the rest of them.
- Take a fork and press it gently onto the surface of the rounded dough to form a nice, parallel lines on it.
- Finally, bake in the oven for approx 30 minutes at 150 degree celcius.
Happy trying peeps!